Atlas Plus Forge
Atlas Plus Forge
Designed for those needing just a bit bigger forge! Based on our reknowned Atlas forge, the Atlas Plus has a 60% larger chamber. A tradeoff of bigger chamber in exchange for slightly lower max temp. Unless you plan on making large Kukri or 3+ LB hammers, you would likely be happier with an Atlas Forge.
Compared to the forges on eBay/Amazon, it gets hotter, the insulation will last longer, it won’t rust, and it only uses $1 propane per hour! Top that off with a swirling chamber, and we believe it’s the ultimate bladesmithing forge. It’s so well engineered that multiple schools and even ABS Mastersmiths have been known to add them to their shops.
The Atlas forge uses Kastolite 50-25+ cast refractory, cured and baked for 6 hours at 410°F. Ready to use right out of the box and it will last much longer than wool based forges.
May include a small bag of Plistix 900F refractory. This can be mixed and painted on the inside chamber to improve efficiency and toughness of the chamber. NOT REQUIRED FOR USE!!!
It’s more than hot enough to forge weld, but you need to use a fluxless method. Borax will damage the refractory.
4 in stock
Chamber measures 3.25″ diameter × 10.5″
2.5” rear opening
Max temp of 2300° F
550+ BTU per cubic inch,
Hot enough to forge weld!
- Stainless steel forge w/ adjustable sliding tool rest
- 0-20 PSI regulator w/hose connects to 20lb. propane tanks
- Atlas stainless steel 30k BTU burner
- 6 oz Plistix 900f (small bag of white powder)
- Sample bar of 1075/1080 steel from Admiral Steel
Plistix 900f can be used to improve your forge chamber, but is not required. To apply,
1. Spray the inside of your chamber with a mist of water
2. Mix Plistix 900f with a small amount of water (I use a small blender)
3. Coat the inside of your chamber (I use a spatula or brush)
Visit the Plibrico website for more information about Plistix 900f
|Dimensions||13 × 13 × 7 in|