Combo – Mini Forge & Thermocouple
That’s right, Stainless!!!
Now ships via USPS large flat rate $18
May includes a piece of 1075 steel from Admiral Steel (depending on availability)
Chamber measures 2.5″ diameter × 11″
2” rear opening
Max temp of 2350° F
600+BTU per cubic inch,
Hot enough to forge weld!
Includes forge, adjustable sliding tool rest
0-20 PSI regulator w/hose connects to 20lb. propane tanks
Atlas stainless steel 30k BTU burner
Finally, a multimeter capable of displaying 0-1999°F and 0-1250°C.
To use the thermocouple, I recommend placing the probe under the metal
as it sits in the forge. This will give the most accurate reading.
Typical use is to learn the correlation between temp and color. After
a while, you will no longer need the thermocouple except for HT.
Capable of displaying up to 1999°F, must use °C for higher temps(0-1280)
- Type: K Type
- Temperature Range: From -100°F to 1999°F
- Probe Diameter: Approx.8mm / 0.31″
- Probe material: Stainless Steel.
- Cable Internal Insulation: Fiberglass
- Cable External Shielding: Stainless Steel Braiding
- Cable Total Length: Approx. 2M / 78.7″
- Also functions as a fully functional multimeter
458 in stock
“Hot enough to forge weld, small enough to still be portable!”
- One of the only knifemaker specific forges available, it’s designed and built by knifemakers. All the improvements to the forge over the past 7 years have come from recommendations from knifemakers. All forges are hand made in Iowa, USA, so yours will vary slightly from the picture.
- The Atlas Mini Forge uses insulating firebrick. This brick is softer and very efficient, and is much safer for your lungs than wool.
- The Atlas Mini Forge can use kerosene or brake cleaner as flux without damaging any bricks.
My personal preference is to weld fluxless. I’ve had great success due to the neutrality of the flame in the Atlas Mini.
- Be aware that the bricks are very fragile and will crack due to expansion from heating, moisture, etc. This is normal and unavoidable. We have used thermal imaging to inspect the forges during use and have found that cracks do NOT affect the performance of the forge.
|Dimensions||12 × 12 × 6 in|